Photo by Bon Appétit
We love a good honey cocktail, especially a warm one this time of year. Check out this great recipe from Bon Appétit. Super simple, super delicious. Find the original recipe here.
- 2 tablespoons honey (go classic with our Alfalfa Blossom Raw Honey or give your drink a bold edge with our Buckwheat Raw Honey)
- 1 cup hot water
- 6 tablespoons bourbon or Apple Bourbon (see below for recipe)
- 2 3x1/2' strips lemon peel
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Stir honey and water in a 2-cup measuring cup until honey dissolves. Add bourbon (or better yet, Apple Bourbon, in which case you'll use 1 Tbsp. honey). Divide between 2 Toddy glasses. Twist a strip of lemon peel over each drink, then add to glass. Stir each with a cinnamon stick and serve.
- To make Apple Bourbon, combine a 750-ml bottle of bourbon, 4 cored, sliced Fuji apples, and 4 cinnamon sticks in a pitcher. Cover; chill for 3 days. Strain and sip of use in recipe above.