Processed vs Raw Honey - Why Raw Honey Wins the Battle!
Today most health issues are deep-rooted in the world of processed foods. Processed foods not only have ill effects on health but also lack basic nutritional value. This is no different with processed vs raw honey. If you have been confused whether raw honey is better than processed honey, here’s all the information you need to make the right choice!
Honey starts as nectar from flowers, that is found in a pure, unprocessed, and natural form in nature. Raw honey, unlike its processed counterpart, is rich in natural vitamins, phytonutrients, and enzymes that offer multiple health and wellness benefits. Many people, who understand that honey is good for health, fail to understand that it is actually raw honey that is nutritious and not honey in a processed form. Processed honey can contain preservatives and synthetic chemicals that rob of its health properties. Additionally, it is heated, pasteurized, and fine-filtered, losing out on vital vitamins and enzymes. Most processed honey is nothing more than honey-flavored sugar syrup. By the time it hits store shelves, there's no way to identify its source or origin. Let than reputable distributors routinely mix good honey with cheap foreign honey and can hide this fact by processing the blend.
Here at Astor Apiaries, we always work with reputable US honey producers. In most cases, our point of contact is also the person caring for the bees and bottling the raw honey we don't produce ourselves. No matter where you're getting your raw honey from, demand to know the origin of your honey... or better yet, know your local beekeeper.
Some Nutritional Facts:
- One of the best sources of antioxidants
- A great source of phytonutrients
- Rich in enzymes that aid bodily functions and natural treatments
- Multiple vitamins
Health Benefits & Uses:
Honey in its natural, raw form is known to treat many common health issues, apart from offering a glowing and radiant skin. Whether consumed or applied on the skin directly, it can enhance overall health, fitness, beauty and wellness needs. Some of the benefits of raw honey include:
- Natural treatment for a sore throat
- Raw Honey enzymes are known to aid the digestive process
- Anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties
- Glowing Skin
- Protects the body from cell damage due to free radicals
- Honey: its medicinal property and antibacterial activity
- Honey and Health: A Review of Recent Clinical Research
- Mayo Clinic - Honey
- Netflix - Rotten, Trailer (The first episode is all about the honey industry)