FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
How do you ship products?
- We use USPS Priority Mail or First Class, depending on the total weight of your order.
- Most orders ship within 1-2 days and may take up to an additional 3-5 days to arrive. See the next section for further details on shipping times.
- Most packages shipping to addresses within the greater NYC area only take 1 day to arrive once shipped.
Shipping during the COVID-19 pandemic?
- Shipping is now $7 Flat Rate and it's still free for orders over $65! Most orders used to cost $8 or more for shipping, but we're covering some of the cost to make it easier for you to stay safe at home and have your package delivered to your door.
- We appreciate your patience as we work around potential slowdowns with USPS. We will get your honey out as soon as possible. If your order takes more than 5 business days after you get your tracking information, contact us so we may open a case with USPS on your behalf.
- Any orders for 'Local Pickup' will continue to be available next-day at Mighty Oak Roasters. We will continue to make daily drop-offs. Pickup details here.
Do you ship internationally?
- We do not ship internationally at the moment.
I live in or near New York City. Do I need to pay shipping?
- For local customers, orders may be picked up in Astoria, Queens at Mighty Oak Roasters on 24th Ave. Please choose "Local Pickup" as your shipping method when ordering. All orders made by 8pm will be available for pickup the following day after noon, during business hours. More details can be found here. Mighty Oak Roasters is located at 28-01 24th Ave, Astoria, NY 11105.
My honey has gotten hard and chunky, has it gone bad?
- No way! Your honey has just crystalized, which is a characteristic of raw honey. Put hot water from your tap in a bowl and set the jar of honey in it for 5-10 minutes. The gentle warming will melt the crystals back to liquid without killing any of the good stuff in the honey.
Do you add anything to your honey?
- All of our NYC Raw Honey and Honey Varietals are 100% pure honey. The way it was in the comb is the same way it is in the jar.
- Our Honey Infusions do have other ingredients, but we clearly list them on the label.
Please note that in-person events are limited during the COVID-19 Pandemic. Virtual events are being offered in place of some events.
How can I come see the bees?
- We have partnered with Green-Wood Cemetery in Brooklyn and the Compost Collective in Queens to offer Hive Tours. Check out our Events Page to find available dates.
Do you offer beekeeping classes?
- Yes, we actually offer both one-off classes as well as a Beginner's Beekeeping Course. It's best to check our Events Page for the most up-to-date information. If you do not see current events scheduled, check back soon as we continually update our calendar throughout the year.
Do you offer any workshops?
- Yes, from time-to-time we do offer some workshops ranging from beekeeping to candle making to mead making.
Do you put on bee-related events for other organizations?
- Yes, we'd love to put on a bee event for your company or organization. Send us a message through our Contact Page and let us know a little about your organization and the kind of event you'd like to put on. Dates, attendance and topic(bees, honey, etc) are all great bits of information to help tailor an event to your organization.
I have a questions about bees, how can I ask?
- There are so many super interesting facts about bees that there is not way we could include a significant fraction of them on this FAQ. Your best bet is to send your questions via the Contact Page or through one of our social media channels. We LOVE talking about bees and would love to chat with you!
Didn't find a good answer to your question?
Head over to the Contact Page and we'll get back to you promptly.