Apple-Honey Dutch Baby
This recipe comes from tasteofhome.com, visit their website for more.
Dutch Baby, also known as German pancake, is a big, poofy, family-style pancake baked in a sizzling-hot buttered skillet and this Apple-Honey Dutch Baby recipe is a must-try! Make it as a special treat during Sunday mornings and you'll fall in love with the sweet buttery apple combined with our New York Buckwheat honey.
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 large apples, sliced
- 1/2 cup of Astor Apiaries NY Buckwheat Honey
- 2 to 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, whisk together first 4 ingredients until smooth. Place butter in a 10-in. ovenproof skillet; heat in oven until melted, 2-3 minutes.
- Tilt pan to coat bottom and sides. Pour batter into hot skillet. Bake until puffed and edges are lightly browned, 16-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat butter for topping over medium heat; saute apples until lightly browned. Stir in honey, lemon juice and cardamom. Mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into apple mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Spoon into pancake; serve immediately.