Grilled Honey Chicken with Cherry Sauce
Unleash the magic of summer with irresistible aroma of this Grilled Honey Chicken with Cherry Sauce recipe. This extraordinary dish is not your run-of-the-mill grilled chicken—it's a culinary revelation that artfully combines the natural allure of our NY Wildflower Blossom Raw honey with the tangy pop of cherries, resulting in a delectable feast that will have your whole family at the table asking for seconds.
- ⅓ cup dry red wine
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange
- ¼ teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2¼ cups pitted and quartered sweet cherries (about one pound)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tsp water
- 6 (2 pounds) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to an even thickness
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Astor Apiaries NY Wildflower honey
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
PREPARE THE CHERRY SAUCE:
1. combine the first 5 ingredients (through zest) in a medium saucepan; stir well. Bring he mixture to a boil over medium heat, and cook 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to nedium-low; add the cherries, and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. 2. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and water; stir well, and add to the cherry nixture. Bring to a boil over medium heat, and cook 1 minute or until slightly thickene‹ stirring constantly. Pour the cherry sauce into a bowl; set aside, and keep warm.
PREPARE THE CHICKEN: 1. Pre-heat your grill. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, combine the honey and lemon juice; stir well. Lightly brush the chicken with half of the honey mixture; grill on a grill rack sprayed with cooking spray for 3 to 5 minutes. Turn the chicken over; brush with the remaining honey mixture. Grill 3 to 5 minutes or until the chicken is done.
2. Serve the chicken topped with the cherry sauce.