Honey and Ginger Brulee Pie
This recipe comes from delicious.com.au, visit their website for more.
If you're a fan of creme brûlée, you won't want to miss this Honey and Ginger Brûlée Pie recipe! Infused with the natural sweetness of our New York City Raw Honey, this dessert takes pie to a whole new level. One slice won't simply be enough!
- 370g gingernut biscuits
- 100g unsalted butter, melted, cooled
- 1/2 cup (175g) Astor Apiaries New York City Raw honey
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 600ml pure (thin) cream
- 1/2 cup (110g) chopped crystallised (candied) ginger
- 6 egg yolks
- 3 tsp cornflour
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar
- Pulse the biscuits in a food processor to crumbs. Add the butter and pulse again to combine. Press crumb mixture into the base and sides of a 24cm loose-bottomed fluted tart pan. Freeze for 1 hour.
- Place honey, vanilla, cream and ginger in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to just below boiling point, stirring to combine. Set aside to infuse for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 150°C.
- Whisk egg yolks with cornflour in a heatproof bowl until pale. Return cream mixture to a simmer, then pour over the egg yolks and stir to combine. Transfer to a clean saucepan and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, for 6 minutes or until thickened.
- Strain through a fine sieve into a clean bowl, pressing down to extract as much flavour from ginger as possible. Pour into biscuit case, then bake for 30 minutes or until set at the edge but with a distinct wobble in the centre.
- Remove from oven and cool to room temperature, then chill for 4 hours or until completely cold.
- Scatter top with sugar, then caramelise with a kitchen blowtorch before servingck