Honey Beef With Sesame Seeds
Looking for a new way to shake up your dinner routine? Fire up your skillet and get ready to savor the mouthwatering flavors of this Honey Beef with Sesame Seeds recipe! Tender strips of beef coated in a luscious NY Wildflower Raw honey sauce and sprinkled sesame seeds create a flavor explosion that will leave you craving for more. Whether it's a cozy meal or an evening of eternizing, this recipe is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser!
- 1/2 pound flank steak
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- 1 stalk celery
- 4 teaspoons Astor Apiaries NY Wildflower Raw honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 slices ginger
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons water
- 3 tablespoons white sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 cup oil, for stir-frying
Wash and drain the vegetables. Remove the stems and seeds from the bell peppers and cut them into thin strips. Rinse and thoroughly drain the mung bean sprouts. String the celery and cut on the diagonal into thin strips.
Cut the flank steak across the grain into thin strips. Combine the marinade ingredients; honey, soy sauce, water, green onion, and cornstarch, adding the cornstarch last.
- Marinate the steak for 15 minutes.
- Combine the sauce ingredients: oyster sauce, chicken broth, and sugar. Set aside.
- Heat the wok over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons oil to the heated wok.
- When the oil is ready, add the beef. Brown briefly, then stir-fry until nearly cooked through. Remove from the wok.
- Clean out the wok if necessary.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil.
- Add the garlic and ginger and stir-fry briefly until fragrant (about 30 seconds).
- Add the green pepper and the celery. Stir-fry briefly, and add the red pepper.
- Push the vegetables up to the sides of the wok.
- Add the sauce in the middle of the wok. Heat briefly. Mix cornstarch and water and add, stirring until thickened.
- Add the steak back into the wok.
- Add the mung bean sprouts.
- Mix everything together.
- Sprinkle with the sesame seeds before serving.