Honey Caramel Popcorn
This recipe comes from bakingwithbutter.com, visit their website for more.
Indulge your taste buds with this Honey Caramel Popcorn recipe, the perfect blend of sweetness and crunchy. Say goodbye to ordinary popcorn, as each golden kernel is generously coated in a luscious honey caramel—no corn syrup in sight, just our Clover Blossom Raw honey. Make it for movie nights or anytime you crave a delightful treat!
- Preheat the oven to 120°C (250°F). Spread the popcorn out onto two parchment-lined baking trays.
- In a saucepan, melt together the brown sugar, honey, salt, vanilla and butter. Bring it to a boil and let it keep bubbling away until it reaches the 'soft ball' stage of cooking (240°F / 116°C). You can test this with a candy thermometer or by dropping a spoonful of the hot caramel into a glass of cold water. When the caramel hits the water, it will form a soft ball.
- After this point, remove the pan from the heat and add in the baking soda. This will cause the caramel to foam and rise up so be careful.
- Pour this thick caramel over two trays of freshly popped popcorn, and gently stir the popcorn around in the caramel to coat it. Place the baking trays in the oven for around 25-30 minutes, stirring every ten minutes to ensure the popcorn gets coated evenly. As the caramel popcorn is baking, the caramel will become very liquid again which will make it easier to coat the popcorn evenly.
- Once the popcorn has baked, remove it from the oven and leave it to cool down completely. It will harden as it cools.
- This honey caramel corn stays fresh for up to 3 weeks in an airtight container.