If you're in the mood of something rich and indulgent, look no further that this Honey Cheesecake! This delectable dessert combines the smooth and creamy flavor of cheesecake with the sweet, floral taste of our Orange Blossom Raw honey. Each bite is a heavenly combination of flavors that will leave you satisfied and craving more.
- 6 cups (230g) Cornflakes
- 100g unsalted butter
- 65g caster sugar
- 25g Astor Apiaries Orange Blossom Raw honey
- 160g Astor Apiaries Orange Blossom Raw honey
- 80g unsalted butter
- 1kg cream cheese, chopped, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 11/2 cups (375ml) thickened cream
- 4 eggs
- 50g honey
- 95g brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125ml) thickened cream
- 40g cold unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
1. Preheat oven to 150°C. Grease a 24cm springform cake pan and line the base with baking paper.
2. For the honey base, place Cornflakes in a food processor and pulse to crush into small pieces. Place butter, sugar and honey in a large saucepan over medium heat and cook until the sugar has dissolved and butter has melted. Add Cornflakes and stir to completely coat.
3. Spoon into the prepared cake pan and, using the bottom of a cup, press into the base so it’s tightly packed. Bake for 10 minutes or until set. Set aside to cool while preparing the filling.
4. For the cheesecake filling, place honey in a small saucepan over medium heat. Once it starts to bubble, continue cooking until caramelised and dark, about 4-5 minutes. Remove from the heat, then add the butter stir until melted. Cool to room temperature.
5. In a large food processor, whiz together cream cheese, sugar and cream. Add the eggs and whiz to combine, then add the cooled honey mixture. Pour filling on top of the Cornflake base. Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes-1 hour 20 minutes until the cheesecake is just set. It should have a slight wobble if gently tapped. Cool to room temperature before refrigerating overnight.
6. For the honey caramel, place honey, sugar and 30ml water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Once boiling, cook for 5 minutes or until a dark golden brown.
7. Remove from heat and carefully whisk in the cream (it will bubble up). Whisk in butter, 1/4 tsp salt flakes and vanilla. Leave to cool.
8. To serve, release cake from the pan when cold and then leave to come to room temperature. Spoon over the honey caramel to serve.