Honey Cinnamon Rolls
This recipe comes from mamaneedscake.com, visit their website for more.
The best cinnamon rolls you've ever tasted! Big, fluffy, soft, gooey deliciousness, and a secret ingredient: our Astor Apiaries Clover Raw Honey. You'll stop going to Cinnabon after you try out this recipe!
- 2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 cup lukewarm milk
- 2 tsp sugar
Cinnamon Roll Dough
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp cinnamon
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
Honey Vanilla Glaze
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Astor Apiaries Clover Raw honey
- 4-6 tbsp milk
- In a large bowl, combine the yeast, lukewarm water, and 2 tsp of sugar. Mix together well and let sit for 5 minutes. It will become foamy if the yeast is alive!
- Once the yeast has been activated and is foamy, add in the eggs, softened butter, sugar, and salt.
- Mix in the cinnamon.
- Using a dough hook, slowly start adding in the 4 1/4 cups of flour.
- The dough is ready when it bounces back when touched and is well combined and not sticky.
- Allow dough to rise for about an hour until it is doubled in size. (You can also use your pressure cooker to make rising time quicker - see post for details!)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Melt the 4 tbsp of butter in a heatproof bowl.
- Add in the 1 cup of brown sugar and the 3 tbsp of cinnamon. Mix well until it is all combined.
- Set aside - once the dough has risen, punch down the dough and roll the dough out into a long rectangular shape. (If the dough is sticky, you can use a small amount of cornstarch or flour to prevent it from sticking.)
- After it is rolled out into a rectangular shape, spoon out the cinnamon filling mixture over the dough, spreading it to be about an inch away from all sides.
- Starting from the shortest side, roll the dough until it is completely rolled.
- Using floss slice into 12 rolls (about 1" to 1 1/2" thick).
- Place in greased dish with sides touching. Allow rising for about 30 minutes.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes - until the tops are slightly browned and they're not doughy.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 5 minutes before pouring on glaze.
Honey Vanilla Glaze
- Prepare glaze but mixing the 2 cups of confectioner's sugar, 4 tbsp of milk, 1 tsp of vanilla, and 1 tsp of honey.
- Mixed until well blended. If the glaze is a tad too thick add 1 tbsp of milk at a time.
- Drizzle the glaze over top of the cinnamon rolls after they have cooled for at least 5 minutes.