Honey Garlic Glazed Corned Beef
This recipe comes from overtimecook.com, visit their website for more.
Make your Christmas dinner a hit this year with this delicious Honey Garlic Glazed Corned beef recipe. A simple yet scrumptious dish that includes our Orange Blossom Raw honey used to create that sweet and tangy flavor. Once you serve it, we promise there won't be any leftovers!
1 (approx. 3 lb) pickled corned beef deckle or brisket
- 2/3 cup Astor Apiaries Orange Blossom Raw honey
- 8 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Remove corned beef from bag, drain liquid, and place in a 9x13 inch baking pan. Pour water over the meat, to fully cover it.
- Cover pan tightly. To prevent drips in your oven, place pan on top of a cookie sheet. Bake for about 3 hours, until meat is fork tender. (Check by sticking a fork in the meat - if the fork goes in easily, it's ready!) Drain the water and set meat aside.
- Raise oven temperature to 400.
- Meanwhile, prepare the glaze: combine all glaze ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Pour glaze over the meat, covering it fully and allowing it to drip down the sides.
- Return glazed meat, uncovered, to the oven. Bake for 20 minutes, then remove from oven and baste by spooning the sauce back over the meat.
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes, until caramelized and glazed.
Plan ahead: You can freeze the meat after baking it in water. Defrost and glaze fresh before serving for best results.