Honey Gingerbread Cookies
This recipe comes from cinnamonandcoriander, visit their website for more.
'Tis the season! If you're planning to bake up a batch of gingerbread cookies over the holidays, we have the perfect recipe for you that includes our Astor Apiaries Buckwheat Blossom Raw honey. This honey is the perfect sweetener with notes of chocolate and molasses that linger on the palate after the first scrumptious bite. They're easy to make, perfect for decorating, and very delicious!
- 1 Bunny Cookie Cutter
- 75g butter
- 125g Astor Apiaries Buckwheat Blossom Raw honey
- 50g brown sugar
- 1 egg white
- 200g flour
- 100g ground almonds
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp allspice ground
- 1/2 tsp coriander optional
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp finely ground pepper
- pinch of salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 125 g powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice or rum or spiced whiskey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 100 g powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice
- sugar pearls for decoration
- In a small pot, heat butter and honey until the sugar is dissolved. Stir well and let cool.
- Once cooled, mix in the egg white using a hand mixer or the stand mixer with the whisk attachment
- Switch to the paddle. Mix flour, spices, salt, and baking powder and add to the honey mixture. Mix to combine, cover the bowl with cling film and put in the fridge for 2 h to firm up a bit.
- Preheat the oven to 200 Celsius / 400 F.
- Roll out the dough to 6 mm and cut out cookies. Put the bunnies on a prepared baking sheet and let bake for 5 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Mix the ingredients for the 2 glazes. Glaze cooled gingerbread bunnies with the brown glaze. Let the glaze dry and decorate them with the white glaze, using a piping bag with a small hole or a Piping Pen. Use sprinkles or edible pearls for the eyes and nose!