Honey-Lime Almond Cookies
This recipe comes from tasteofhome.com, visit their website for more.
Deliciously tart Honey-Lime Almond Cookies, made with real lime zest, and sweetened with sugar and a touch of ourNY Wildflower Honey, are the perfect afternoon tea-time snack!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons Astor Apiaries NY Wildflower honey
- 1 large egg yolk, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup slivered almonds, finely chopped
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Beat in honey, egg yolk, lime zest and lime juice. Gradually beat in flour. Stir in almonds.
- Divide dough in half; shape each into a 5 roll. Wrap and refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap and cut dough crosswise into 1/4-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are light brown.
- Cool on pans for 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. If desired, dust with confectioners' sugar.