Honey Panna Cotta
Panna Cotta is the perfect summer dessert, cool and refreshing capped with a silky smooth layer of honey-flavored gelatin. This recipe is an easy and elegant make-ahead dessert for any special occasion!
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 2 ¼ teaspoons (1 envelope) gelatin
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 vanilla bean, split and scraped
- 1/3 cup of Astor Apiaries NY Wildflower Raw Honey
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 cups good quality plain Greek yogurt
For the Honey Gelee:
- 1 teaspoon gelatin
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 cup water
- Put the milk into a small bowl and sprinkle with gelatin over it. Stir and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Combine the cream, vanilla bean seeds, honey and sugar in a medium pan and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly. Add the gelatin-milk-mixture to the pan and stir until completely dissolved. Add the lemon juice and stir. Whisk in the Greek yogurt. Divide the mixture evenly among 8 4-ounce glasses, leaving about 1/2 inch of space between it and the rim. Chill at least 3 hours in the refrigerator.
- To make the gelee, combine 2 tablespoons of water and the gelatin in a small bowl and stir. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine 1 cup of water then the honey in a pan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and let continue to cook for a few seconds. Add the gelatin mixture to it and stir until it is completely dissolved.
- Divide the gelatin mixture over the panna cotta evenly among the glasses. Chill until set, at least one hour. Garnish with spun sugar or single toasted almond slice inserted into the center of the gelee.