Honey Peach Bread
With the end of summer comes back to school and work routines for many. Make this healthy, hearty bread that everyone in the family can enjoy, either as an on-the-go breakfast or after school snack. I love the honey-peach combination and fresh peaches are still showing up through the end of summer. Replace the peach with any of your favorite in-season fruit for a delicious bread year-round!
Recipe by Rachel Sardina
- 2 cups flour (I used white whole wheat)
- 1 cup oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup honey (try our Blueberry Blossom Raw Honey)
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup peaches (about 1 large peach), chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together honey, yogurt, eggs, oil, and vanilla. Slowly add wet ingredients to dry and stir until combined. Fold in peaches and place into greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.