Honey Peanut Butter Rice Krispy treats
This recipe comes from theottoolboxcom, visit their website for more.
Halloween treats don't get any better than these Honey Peanut Butter Rice Krispy Treats! Sink your teeth into the sweetness of our New York City Raw honey and creamy peanut butter, perfect for a spooky snack time.
- 1/2 cup Astor Apiaries New York City Raw honey
- (But if you are able to grab up some local honey, go for that option!)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 cups Rice Krispies cereal (or any toasted rice cereal would work)
- Mix together: 1/2 cup honey and 1/2 cup peanut butter. Pour these together in a saucepan. Heat on the stovetop and continue stirring until the mixture begins to boil.
Remove from heat and pour over 4 cups of Rice Krispies cereal. Mix together until the cereal is coated with the peanut butter/honey mixture.
- Line a 9×9 inch casserole dish with parchment paper. We have used wax paper in a pinch. Pour the cereal into the casserole dish.
- Use another piece of parchment paper to firmly press down the cereal. You will want to press down pretty hard so that the cereal bars are not crumbly. Pressing down on the cereal bars allowed them to get a little pre-nap time sillies out
- Allow the cereal treats to harden for several hours. Pop them right out onto a cutting board in one big piece. Using the parchment paper made this so easy. Use a sharp knife to cut the rice crispy cereal treat squares.