Honey Pulled Pork Subs
This recipe comes from tasteofhome.com, visit their website for more.
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup Astor Apiaries Buckwheat Raw Honey
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 8 submarine buns, split
- Beansprouts to garnish
- Place onion and roast in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, water, honey, garlic, seasoned salt and ginger; pour over meat. Cover and cook on high 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat; cool slightly. Shred meat with 2 forks and return to the slow cooker; heat through.
- Serve on buns. Cut sandwiches in half. Garnish with beansprouts.
Freeze option: Place individual portions of cooled meat mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high in a microwave-safe dish until heated through, gently stirring and adding a little water if necessary. Serve on buns.