This recipe comes from www.alifewellconsumed.com, visit their website for more.
Tender roasted plums in a deliciously sweet and fragrant homemade honey syrup made with our Astor Apiaries Clover Raw honey. This Honey-Roasted Plum recipe is the perfect simple summer dessert, just in time for the plum season!
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice or any citrus
- 8 large firm-ripe red or black plums halved and pitted
- 1/2 cup mascarpone at room temperature
- 1/4 cup roasted unsalted pistachios finely chopped
- 4 tbsp of Astor Apiaries Clover Raw honey
Preheat the oven to 400°.
In a small saucepan, melt the honey and butter with the lemon juice over moderately low heat.
Scrape the honey syrup into a medium bowl, add the halved plums and toss to coat thoroughly. Arrange the plums, cut side down, in a large baking dish and spoon half of the honey syrup evenly over them.
Roast the plums for 15 minutes, or until barely tender and beginning to brown on the bottom. Turn the plums and spoon the remaining honey syrup over them.
Roast the plums for 10 minutes longer, or until tender but not falling apart. Transfer the plums to plates and drizzle with the honey syrup.
Top with a dollop of mascarpone, sprinkle with the pistachios and serve.