Honey Soda Bread
Do you want a simple bread recipe? Try this honey soda bread recipe that is easy to prepare and bake. Above all, it is delicious because of the added flavor of our Astor Apiaries Clover Raw Honey!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter or magarine
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1 cup nonfat yogurt
- 1/3 cup Clover Raw Honey
- 2 Tablespoons 2% lowfat milk
- In large bowl, combine flours, baking soda and salt until thoroughly mixed.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles small peas.
- Mix in raisins and caraway seeds.
- In separate bowl, whisk together yogurt and honey; blend into dry mixture.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured work surface; knead until smooth, about one minute. Shape dough into a ball.
- Place on lightly greased baking sheet. With a sharp knife, cut a shallow X on top of round.
- Brush top with milk. Bake at 325″, 45 to 50 minutes, or until golden brown and crust is firm.
- Cool before slicing.
Makes 1 loaf