Honey Soda Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter or magarine
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1 cup nonfat yogurt
- 1/3 cup Clover Raw Honey
- 2 Tablespoons 2% lowfat milk
- In large bowl, combine flours, baking soda and salt until thoroughly mixed.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles small peas.
- Mix in raisins and caraway seeds.
- In separate bowl, whisk together yogurt and honey; blend into dry mixture.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured work surface; knead until smooth, about one minute. Shape dough into a ball.
- Place on lightly greased baking sheet. With a sharp knife, cut a shallow X on top of round.
- Brush top with milk. Bake at 325″, 45 to 50 minutes, or until golden brown and crust is firm.
- Cool before slicing.
Makes 1 loaf