Honey Strawberry Galette
Introducing the Strawberry Honey Galette, a delightful treat that combines the freshness of strawberries with the sweetness of our Clover Blossom Raw honey. With a flaky crust and a luscious strawberry filling, topped with a drizzle of honey and a dollop of Honey Whipped Cream, this galette is a burst of flavors and textures. Get ready to indulge in this irresistible dessert that will leave you craving for more!
- 6 ½ oz all-purpose flour
- 1 oz sugar
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 stick (4 oz) butter, cold and cubed
- ¼ cup ice water
- 1 lb strawberries, hulled and sliced
- ½ cup honey
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 1 egg yolk + 1 tbsp milk
- raw sugar, to sprinkle
Honey Whipped Cream
- Combine the flour, sugar, and salt in a food processor. Pulse until combined. Add the cold, cubed butter. Pulse until finely incorporated.
- With the processor running, drizzle in the water. Continue to blend until the dough starts to pull away from the sides.
- Immediately gather the dough (it still should be a little crumbly at this point) and form it into an even, flat disk. Wrap the dough with plastic wrap and chill for 45 minutes.
- Once the dough has chilled, preheat the oven to 425°F. In a mixing bowl, combine the sliced strawberries with the honey, lemon juice, vanilla, and salt. Mix well and let sit for about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, whisk together the egg yolk and milk, creating an “egg wash”. Set aside.
- Allow the dough to sit out for about 5 minutes to soften slightly. Use a rolling pin to gently roll the dough out onto a floured surface (shoot for a 12” circle). Piece back together any cracks that may form. Carefully transfer the dough to a sheet pan lined with parchment paper by placing the rolling pin across the center, folding half of the dough over the rolling pin, and gently lifting the dough.
- Strain the strawberries, reserving all of the honey mixture. Mound the strawberries in the center of the dough, spreading them out evenly and leaving a 1” edge. Fold the dough over the strawberries around the edge, pressing any cracks together as needed.
- Brush the egg wash onto the dough around the edges. Sprinkle the edges with raw sugar. Bake the galette for 20 minutes. Open the oven and drizzle half of the reserved honey mixture over the strawberries. Bake for another 5 minutes or so until the edges are crisp and golden.
- Serve the galette with more of the honey mixture drizzled over top, as well as a generous dollop of honey whipped cream.
Honey Whipped Cream
- Add the heavy cream to a stand mixer bowl. Using a whisk attachment, whip on medium-high until the cream is foamy and just starting to stiffen.
- Add the honey. Continue to whip until soft peaks form.