Honeyed Apple and Brioche Bread Pudding
This recipe comes from kitchenstories.com, visit their website for more.
Indulge in the flavors of fall with this Honeyed Apple and Brioche Bread Pudding recipe, enriched with the warmth of our Cinnamon Infused honey. This delectable treat combines the velvety brioche with tender apple slices, all bathed in a custard infused with our delightful blend of honey and cinnamon. Every bite captures the essence of autumn, evoking memories of crisp mornings, apple-picking adventures, and the comforting embrace of home.
- 500g brioche
- 4 apples
- 90g Astor Apiaries Infused Cinnamon Honey
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 vanilla bean
- 300 ml cream
- 200 ml milk
- 100 g sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp nutmeg (ground)
- ½ tspground cinnamon
- 5 eggs
- 1 tbsp confectioner’s sugar
- vanilla ice cream (for serving)
- Additional Astor Apiaries Infused Cinnamon honey (for serving)
- Dice brioche. Cut apples into thin wedges. In a frying pan, heat honey on medium-high temperature for approx. 3 – 5 min., or until caramelized. Stir in butter, then add apple wedges, and toss to combine.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F. Halve vanilla bean and scrape the seeds. Heat cream, milk, sugar, salt, ground nutmeg, ground cinnamon, and vanilla bean seeds in a saucepan and whisk together. Remove from heat. Whisk eggs and combine with diced brioche, apple wedges, and cream mixture in large bowl, then transfer into a baking dish. Transfer to the oven and bake for approx. 25 – 30 min.
- Remove bread pudding from the oven, dust with confectioner’s sugar, and bake for approx. 3 min. more at 220°C/440°F. Allow bread pudding to cool a bit, then serve with vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of honey. Enjoy!