How to Make Honey Simple Syrup
Simple syrup is a versatile sweetener used famously in cocktails, but can also be used in cooking as well. Usually made with 1 part water and 1 part granulated sugar, you can make simple syrups with all kinds of natural sweeteners.
A great option is to make simple syrup with honey. Honey can be difficult to mix into cool liquids on its own, but as a simple syrup it blends much easier. Here's how to make it...
- 1 part honey (Try any of our Varietal Honeys)
- 1 part water
- Add honey and water to a sauce pan on med heat.
- Stir mixture as it comes to a boil.
- When it reaches a boil, turn heat down to a simmer and continue string for 5-10 minutes.
- Once the mixture has thickened a bit, turn off heat and let the simple syrup come to room temperature.
- Pour into air-tight, glass container and store in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
* The Honey Simple Syrup will be thinner than regular honey. This is what makes it easy to blend into your favorite recipe.