No-Bake Chocolate Protein Bars
This recipe comes from thehealthy.com, visit their website for more.
Fuel your day with guilt-free indulgence: No-Bake Chocolate Protein Bars! Infused with the natural goodness of our Clover Blossom Raw honey, these snacks are perfect for busy days, workouts, or any time you need a tasty pick-me-up.
- 1 1/4 cup vanilla pea protein powder (ideally organic)
- 1 cup oats
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 3 tablespoons cacao (or cocoa) powder
- 1/3 cup dried cherries (can substitute any dried fruit)
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup Astor Apiaries Clover Blossom Raw honey
- 5-6 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine protein powder, oats, flax, cacao, and dried cherries in a large bowl.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the almond butter and honey. Microwave for 45 seconds, until honey is melted and almond butter is loose.
- Add the water and vanilla to the hot almond butter/honey mixture and whisk to combine.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until a dough-like mixture forms. (We started out with a spatula and ended up kneading the mixture a bit with our hands to get it all incorporated.)
- Line a loaf pan or 8×8 pan with parchment paper. Press the mixture evenly into the pan, cover with parchment paper, and refrigerate for at least an hour to set.
- Remove the bars from the pan and peel away the parchment paper. Cut into 16 bars.
- Store bars wrapped or in an airtight container in the fridge. Bars will last for several weeks when refrigerated.