Orange, Honey, and Thyme Biscuits
This recipe comes from myrecipes.com, visit their website for more.
The aroma of fresh-baked biscuits never fails to make our mouth water! The combination of thyme, orange, and our Clover Blossom Raw Honey makes an unbeatable aroma and the right amount of sweetness.
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 10 ounces spelt flour (about 2 cups)
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 5 ½ tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- Cooking spray
1.Preheat oven to 425°.
2. Combine the first 4 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
3. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until moist. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; pat into a 7 1/2-inch square; cut into 12 rectangles. Place dough on a foil-lined baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 13 minutes or until lightly browned on edges and bottom.