Shamrock Cookies and Rainbow Dip
Make St. Patrick's Day extra special for both kids and adults with this Shamrock Cookies with Rainbow Dip, sweetened with the rich taste of our Clover Blossom Raw honey. These festive cookies, easy to make and bursting with flavor, are the perfect blend of sweetness and whimsy!
- For the cookies: Cream the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, honey and molasses together in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment until light and fluffy. Beat in the food coloring if using.
- Whisk the all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt together in a medium bowl. Turn the mixer to low speed and stir in the dry ingredients. Stop and scrape down the sides of the bowl and continue to mix just until the ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Fold a piece of 12-by-16-inch parchment paper in half. Place the dough between the layers of paper and roll out until it is perfectly sandwiched between the parchment paper. Refrigerate until slightly firmed, about 30 minutes, or place in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator. Using a small shamrock cookie cutter, punch out cookies. Place them on the prepared the sheet pan. Gather the scraps, roll them out again between layers of parchment, chill and punch out more cookies.
- Bake the cookies until set, 10 to 11 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool completely on the pan.
- For the dip: In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the butter, confectioners’ sugar and salt and beat until fluffy. Beat in the vanilla extract and milk. Fold in the rainbow sprinkles with a rubber spatula. Transfer to a small bowl and top with St. Patrick’s Day sprinkles if using. Serve with the cookies.