Vanilla and Orange French Toast
This recipe comes from yummly.com, visit their website for more.
French toast for dessert! A twist to the classic breakfast, this Vanilla and Orange French Toast is sure to please. Top it off with our Orange Blossom Honey and other toppings, and your guests will be asking for more.
- 1 baguette (day-old)
- 0.5 liters milk
- 2 Tbsp. vanilla sugar
- 1/2 Orange
- 2 eggs (depending on desired yield)
- sunflower oil
- Astor Apiaries Orange Blossom honey
- For the milk infusion, heat milk with vanilla sugar and orange peel and bring to a boil, then immediately remove from heat.
- Set aside to cool.
- For the French toast, cut the bread into slices, each about 1 cm (approximately 1/3 inch).
- Place bread slices in a deep container and cover with milk infusion.
- Tip: Freeze bread slices for about 15 minutes to prevent breakage during frying.
- Heat a generous amount of oil in a pan.
- Beat eggs and place in a shallow dish.
- Dip bread slices in egg and fry in hot oil.
- Drain finished French toast on paper towel and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar (or drizzle with honey).