Back to School Granola Bars
This recipe comes from keylimelexi.com, visit their website for more.
Need some back-to-school snack inspiration? Try this Granola Bar recipe that includes our New York City Raw honey—a much healthier alternative and delicious treat for your kids! Perfect for breakfast, on-the-go, or after school snacks
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter or use coconut oil to make these vegan
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup ground flaxseed
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅓ cup Astor Apiaries New York City raw honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar or use regular brown sugar
- ½ cup unsalted peanuts or substitute other seed/nut, see ideas below
- ⅓ cup mini chocolate chips or substitute dried fruit, see ideas below
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Butter and line a 9 x 9 inch pan with parchment paper or generously butter the pan.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Add honey and sugar and stir over low heat for another two to three minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Place the oats in a bowl with the flaxseed, salt and cinnamon and stir to combine. Pour over the honey / butter mixture and stir until the oats are thoroughly coated. Add in your mix-ins, then press into the prepared pan (if using chocolate chips, let the mixture cool for a few minutes before adding them so they don’t melt). Bake for 18-20 minutes, then cool completely before cutting into bars. Wrapped well, the bars will last 2-3 weeks.
- Dried Cherry and Pistachio
- Macadamia nut and white chocolate chips
- Cashews and dried currants
- Sliced Almonds and chopped dried apricots
- Chopped Pecan and chopped dates
- Walnuts and chopped dried figs