Berry Jam and Honey Cobbler
This recipe comes from www.delicious.com.au, visit their website for more.
Save some room for this mouthwatering Berry Jam and Honey Cobbler recipe. The jam filling combines rhubarb, berries, and our Astor Apiaries Whipped Blueberry Blossom Raw Honey—easy to bake and you'll be hooked after the first bite. And don't forget to top it off with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream!
- 800g rhubarb, trimmed, cut into 6cm pieces
- 4 cups (600g) mixed frozen berries
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 1/8 tsp ground allspice
- 120g Astor Apiaries Whipped Blueberry Blossom Raw Honey
- Finely grated zest & juice of 2 oranges (zest reserved for topping)
- 1/3 cup (50g) cornflour
- Cream or vanilla ice cream, to serve
- 2 cups (300g) self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 120g almond meal
- 190g caster sugar
- 300g cold unsalted butter, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125ml) cold milk
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Place rhubarb, berries, sugar, allspice, honey and orange juice in a large bowl and stir to combine. Transfer to a 2.5L- capacity flameproof baking dish and place over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 20-25 minutes until sugar has dissolved and liquid has reduced by one-third.
2. Place cornflour, 2 tbs water and 2 tbs berry liquid in a small bowl. Stir to dissolve the cornflour, then add to the berry mixture and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes to combine. Remove from heat and place the dish on a baking tray.
3. For the topping, place the flour, baking powder, almond meal, sugar and butter into a food processor and pulse until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add reserved orange zest and milk, and whiz until a dough comes together.
4. Roll the dough into tablespoon-sized balls and arrange on top of the jam. Bake for 40-45 minutes until jam is bubbling and the topping is golden. Remove from the oven and rest for 10 minutes. Top with cream or ice cream, to serve.