Blueberry Honey Almond Oatmeal
This recipe comes from yummly.com, visit their website for more.
Indulge in the perfect breakfast bliss—Blueberry Honey Almond Oatmeal! Let the natural sweetness of our Blueberry Blossom Raw honey and the crunch of almonds take your mornings to a whole new level. Savor the goodness and experience a delightful and nourishing start to your day.
- 2 cups steel cut oats
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups coconut milk (or 2% or whole milk)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown)
- 1/4 cup Astor Apiaries Whipped Blueberry Blossom Raw honey
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup blueberries
- Extra blueberries, honey and almonds for garnish
- Add all ingredients except the blueberries to the slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cover and set to high for 2 – 3 hours or low for 4 – 6 hours. 15 minutes before the cooking time is up, add the blueberries to the oatmeal and stir. Replace the cover and continue cooking until blueberries are softened.
- Allow oatmeal to cool slightly, (it will thicken as it cools). Spoon into bowls, garnish with more blueberries, honey and almonds and serve warm.
- Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.