Cinnamon-Apple Honey cake
This recipe comes from www.tasteofhome.com, visit their website for more.
Apple cakes are traditionally the taste of autumn and a Cinnamon-Apple Honey Cake is a must to bake this season. The sweetness of the apple and cinnamon pairs perfectly with our Astor Apiaries New York City Raw honey, it's a guaranteed crowd-pleaser!
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced peeled tart apple
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons Astor Apiaries New York City Raw honey
- Line a 6-in. round baking pan with parchment; coat paper with cooking spray. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Arrange apple slices in a single layer over cinnamon.
- In a small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Beat in egg. Add milk and vanilla; beat on low speed until blended. Combine the flour, baking powder and remaining cinnamon; stir into creamed mixture just until blended. Spoon over apple.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Invert immediately onto a serving plate; drizzle with honey. Serve warm if desired.