Honey and Mini Egg Easter Cookies
This recipe comes from honeytradition.com, visit their website for more.
Looking for a sweet treat to add to your Easter basket? Look no further than this Honey & Mini Egg Easter Cookies recipe! Made with our signature New York City Raw honey, these cookies embody a delightful sweetness that perfect complements the festive theme. Whether you enjoy them fresh out of the oven or as part of your Easter celebration, this recipe is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- 110g butter, softened
- 100g golden caster sugar
- 100g Astor Apiaries New York City Raw Honey
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 160g Mini Eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C/160 degrees C fan assisted and line two baking trays with non-stick paper
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffyAdd the honey (you could also use Acacia or Linden too), egg and vanilla extract and beat again
- Add the dry ingredients – flour, baking powder and baking soda and mix thoroughly
- If you’re using a stand mixer, it’s worth removing the bowl from the stand at this point and finishing by hand as the cookie dough is fairly stiff
- Add the Mini Eggs and combine until evenly distributed
- Place small balls of the cookie dough (about an ice cream scoop size) at even spaces on the baking trays, leaving plenty of space between each
- Bake for 8-12 minutes depending on how gooey you like your cookies!
- Remove from the oven once baked and a light golden colour and leave to cool on a wire rack
- Enjoy. You’ll eat one, after another, after another!