Welcome Spring with this honey cake recipe! Packed with delicious honey flavor from our our Astor Apiaries NY Wildflower honey, this is the sweet perfect afternoon treat paired with coffee or tea.
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- ⅓ cup Astor Apiaries NY Wildflower honey (+ a little extra for a drizzle)
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup orange juice (or coffee or strong tea)
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease your muffin tins with butter, oil, or non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl combine your flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt,
- Add the coconut oil, honey, sugar, brown sugar, egg, vanilla extract, orange juice, and ground cloves. Combine just enough to incorporate the ingredients. Do not over mix.
- Use a cookie dough scoop (about ⅔ full) or spoon out the mixture into your muffin pan cavities. Fill each to about halfway full.
- Set into the center of the preheated oven and bake at 350°F (175°C) for 15-18 minutes. The honey cakes are done when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a wire cooling rack and allow to cool completely. Use a butter knife to circle around the edges and pop each honey cake out of the pan once cooled.