Honey-Cinnamon Tres Leches Cake
This recipe comes from food.com, visit their website for more.
Looking for a unique twist on an old favorite? Look no further than this Honey-Cinnamon Tres Leches Cake! This recipe puts a spin on the traditional tres leches cake by incorporating our luscious New York City Raw honey for a delightful twist on this beloved favorite. With its velvety, custard-like texture and irresistible flavor, this cake is sure to impress and have everyone clamoring for seconds.
- 1⁄2cup butter, softened
- 1cup sugar
- 7 large eggs, separated
- 2 1⁄2cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground saigon cinnamon, divided
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1(14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1(12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄2cups whipping cream, divided
- 5 tablespoons New York City Raw Honey, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°. Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes or until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks, beating just until blended.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in a medium bowl. Add to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
- Beat egg whites at high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold into batter. Pour batter into a greased and floured 13- x 9-inch pan.
- Bake at 350° for 25 to 28 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, whisk together sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, 1/2 cup whipping cream, 2 tablespoons honey, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon in a medium bowl until blended.
- Pierce top of hot cake generously with the end of a wooden spoon. Gradually pour milk mixture over cake, about 1/3 cup at a time, spreading to edges. (Allow mixture to completely soak into cake between batches.) Let stand 2 hours. Cover and chill 2 hours.
- Beat remaining 1 cup whipping cream at medium-high speed until foamy; add remaining 3 tablespoons honey, beating until soft peaks form. Spread over top of cake. Serve immediately, or cover and chill until ready to serve.