This recipe comes from saveur.com, visit their website for more.
Here’s a drink that will instantly become your new summer favorite! This unique Torchlight cocktail is both refreshing and fiery—perfect for anyone that can handle a little spice. Add our Astor Apiaries NYC Raw Honey for some natural sweetness and call over your loved ones for a relaxing evening with cocktails!
For the honey syrup:
- 1 cup Astor Apiaries NYC Raw honey
- 1⁄3 cup hot water
For the cocktail:
- 6 dashes Cholula sauce
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 3⁄4 oz. fresh lime juice
- 3⁄4 oz. honey syrup
- 2 oz. tequila or white rum
- Make the honey syrup: In a small container, combine the honey and hot water and stir until completely mixed. Use immediately or store and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the Cholula sauce, cayenne pepper, lime juice, honey syrup, and spirit.
- Shake vigorously and strain into a rocks glass with a large ice cube. Garnish with a lime wedge and dusting of cayenne pepper.