Pure natural beeswax. Beeswax is sold by weight and the color may vary due to the time of the year and environmental conditions in which it was made.
Beeswax is a natural hard wax that can be used in many applications such as:
- Candle Making
- Shoe Polish
- Furniture Polish
- Beauty Products (lotions, balms, etc)
- Conditioning pots and pans for a natural non-stick surface
- Lubricating Furniture (drawers, doors, etc)
- Waterproofing Fabrics (clothing, shoes, etc)
- and Many More (See our full list of The Many Uses of Beeswax)
How We Produce Our Beeswax
Our beeswax is a byproduct of the honey harvesting process and is collected as 'cappings' from the honey frames. This means that it may have a subtle scent of honey and is food-grade. We filter all of our wax at least 3 times to clean and remove as much debris and dirt as possible. At no time do we add any chemicals or additives to clean or bleach the wax.
*This wax is not from our NYC hives, however, it does come from hives here in the Northeast.