Honey Roasted Pumpkin Soup
This recipe comes from 178degrees.com, visit their website for more.
Comfort in a bowl, coming right up! This honey roasted pumpkin soup is the ultimate winter warmer, made with creamy pumpkin puree and the sweet touch of our New York City raw honey.
- 1.5kg pumpkin, halved and seeds removed
- 2 onions, halved
- 1 whole head of garlic, separated into cloves
- 2 tbsp Astor Apiaries New York City Raw honey
- 60mL olive oil, plus a little bit extra
- 2 tbsp ginger, grated (optional)
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- ½ cup coconut cream
- 400mL water
- 1L chicken stock (or vegetable stock for a plant-based soup)
- smoked paprika (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200ºC.
- Line a large oven tray with non-stick baking paper and lightly oil. Place the pumpkin, garlic and onion cut-side up. Season generously with salt and pepper, and drizzle over olive oil and honey.
- Bake for about an hour or until pumpkin is soft and onion is caramelised. Set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Scoop out the pumpkin flesh into a large saucepan. Remove the onion and garlic from their skins and add to the pan.
- Stir curry powder into the coconut cream.
- Add stock, water, coconut cream and ginger (if using) to the pan. Blend using a hand-held stick blender until smooth.
- Heat soup until it just starts bubbling. It’s best not to bring it to a full boil as it may cause the coconut cream to separate.
- Ladle soup into bowls and sprinkle a pinch of smoked paprika over the top, if desired. Serve with crusty bread.