Pumpkin Spice Cake with Honey Frosting
This recipe comes from marthastewart.com, visit their website for more.
Fall in love with the warm, inviting flavors of this Pumpkin Spice Cake. This homemade delight is crowned with a luscious frosting infused with the goodness of our New York City Raw honey. Let every bite fill your heart with the positivity of autumn, where spices and honey combine for pure, heartwarming goodness.
For the Cake Batter
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted, plus more for pan
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour, (spooned and leveled)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin-pie spice (or 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon, ¾ teaspoon ginger, ½ teaspoon nutmeg, and ⅛ teaspoon each allspice and cloves)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin puree
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, very soft
- 1 bar (8 ounces) regular (or reduced-fat) cream cheese, very soft
- ¼ cup Astor Apiaries New York City Raw honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9-inch square baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin-pie spice. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, butter, and pumpkin puree until combined. Add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture, and mix gently until smooth.
- Turn batter into prepared pan, and smooth top. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out with just a few moist crumbs attached, 45 to 50 minutes. Cool cake 10 minutes in pan, then turn out of pan, and cool completely, right side up, on a rack.
- Make Honey Frosting: In a medium bowl, whisk butter, cream cheese, and honey until smooth.
- Spread top of cooled cake with honey frosting. Cut cake into squares to serve.
- You can also use a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan: Increase baking time by 25 to 30 minutes (tent loaf with foil if it browns too quickly).