Sleepy Hollow Cocktail
This recipe comes from halfbakedharvest.com, visit their website for more.
Toast the Spooky Season with this Sleepy Hollow cocktail that includes our New York City Raw Honey. Put a spell on your guests this year with this scary delicious drink!
- 1/4 cup Astor Apiaries NYC Raw honey
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- zest from 1 orange
- cinnamon sugar to rim glass
- 1/4 cup pomegranate or cranberry juice
- 2 ounces tequila or Mezcal
- orange bitters a couple dashes
- 1 dash ground cinnamon
- sparkling water, for topping
- To make the honey syrup, in a small pot, bring 1/2 cup water, the honey, and rosemary to a boil over high heat. Boil 2-3 minutes, add the orange zest, then remove from the heat. Let cool. The syrup can be kept in a glass jar for up to 2 weeks.
To make the cocktail. Rim glasses in cinnamon sugar, if desired.
Combine the pomegranate juice, tequila, a couple of dashes of bitters, a pinch of cinnamon, and 1-2 tablespoons of the honey syrup in a cocktail shaker. Add ice and shake to combine. Strain into glass. Top with sparkling water.
- Garnish with rosemary. If desired light on fire for a smoky effect.